Conference details: 4th and 5th of October 2018
33 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG4
Most clinicians see people with MS, but many are not specialists in MS or neurology and, with increasing diagnostic dilemmas and treatment options, MS management can be daunting for the non-specialist. With this in mind, this course will cover key clinical issues in the diagnosis and treatment MS, serving as a timely update on this rapidly advancing field. It has been designed to be accessible to clinicians who are not neurologists (but should still be of interest to neurologist) or specialists in MS. The lecturers have all been chosen for their expertise and relevant experience in practice and research.
Sessions will cover:
• Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of MS
• First line disease modifying treatments
• Disease modifying treatment escalation
• Mutli-disciplinary team management
• MS nursing services
• Bladder and bowel management
• Spasticity management
• Neuropyschology of MS
• Pathology of MS
• Pathophysiology of MS
• Clinically and radiologically isolated syndromes
• Clinical course and prognosis in MS
• NMO, aquaporin and MOG
GPs and Consultants – £75 for one day, £100 for both
Trainees and allied healthcare workers – £50 per day, or £75 for both
CPD accreditation will be applied for.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.